Saturday, August 20, 2022

Stargrave - Wall of Force

The table is set, the crews created & preparing for their first mission.....Sunday!

 As I work on last minute preparations for tomorrows game, I realized I needed some walls of Force, should any of the crews take that as a power.

 


Wracking my brains as to how to make a transluscent/clear wall for the game table, I finally opted to use some old Sprues for a frame & document protector for the clear wall.

 


After digging through my sprue boxes, I found some that were the correct width of 6" & then cut them to just under 3" in height. I needed to then cut another piece of sprue with some extended bits to support the frame. This happened the be the central piece of the same sprue clipped out. Then it was a matter of clipping/removing the nubs & sanding it

 


After the  frame was glued together & the clear document protector pieces added using white glue, it was left to dry.

 


Now it was time to add some paint. First up I painted the frame in Royal Blue, ensuring that I painted onto the clear plastic as well to represent a base colour for energy spikes.

 


I then used Indian Turquoise to represent the energy the actual energy.

 


This was then followed up by white hi-lights for the energy & then a touch-up of Prussian Blue in the areas of the frame that were not representing the energy spikes.

 


As its getting late, I was only able to complete the first of 8 walls of force, but will get the rest painted after the game tomorrow. 

For an expense of mainly some time, these were cost effective using stuff I had lying around & I think they turned out well. Thoughts?

 

Thanks for visiting. 

10 comments:

  1. Ingenious! Hope all goes well with the game today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, 1 cancelled already, but there should be 5 of us on the table now....guess we all have a bit more breathing space hehe

      Delete
  2. Those look great, and a very clever fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very quick and surprisingly good, effective scenic item(s).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Marc! Your certainly welcome to duplicate it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, they are working well so far, noone has tried throwing a dice through one yet!

      Delete