Sunday, February 5, 2023

AROOOOOOO! Beastman Raiders Warband for Mordheim!

Just a week to go & thats caused me to kick into painting Mode....as all these projects (yes I procrastinate) are coming to a head! I've chosen to run a Beastman Raiders Warband in our Road to Mordheim Campaign.

That being said, most of the beginning figures were already done from the last campaign...but I still needed to paint up 5 Chaos Warhounds to complete it.


 Having dug out one of my favorite sets of metal miniatures from GW for these guys..I set to work.

 



However I focussed on just getting the 5 needed painted up, as I have other pressing needs to complete from my checklist. The others are based, primed & drybrushed, but are set aside for now. (lets just hope they don't keep getting pushed aside).



I went for at least 1 of each of the poses & did one with the dual head (though its merely for looks & doesn't provide an extra attack -  for now)


Here we have the entire warband - waiting to wreak havoc. With this crew it really is about "Releasing the Dogs of War!"

Now onto painting up townsfolk & farmers.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. HAHAA thanks for fact checking for me Marc.....has it really been that long? There have been many games since! Though I am looking forward to getting back to Mordheim again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those minis! Wish I'd picked up a set when they were originally released. I think little details like the green eyes bring them to life. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, I was debating on the eyes...initially leaning towards red, but opted for green. Glad I did as it turned out well!

      Delete
  3. Five very menacing looing hounds and imo you should stick to your speed=painting method as you're proding very usable figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, hoping they do well in our first foray this Sunday

      Delete