Monday, October 14, 2024

Necromunda - The Campaign Begins!

We gathered at Elliot's place on Sunday. 4 of the 6 people in the campaign were able to attend (it is Thanksgiving Weekend here in Canada) as we launched the official first game of the campaign.

Just prior I had finished off 2 more figures for my gang.

 



For todays game I squared off against Elliot's Precinct BZ-77 'Crooked Cops' gang....more on that later. Our scenario was generated by a card deck - 'Open Hive War Deck' & this is what we pulled.

Scenario -  sounds a lot like a bug hunt to me! But we just had to have the most gang members to score.

 


Deployment - we rolled off & Elliot chose to go with the 'in your face' deployment where our gangs were 6" from each other.

 


Perils - Well this was interesting. We could all see one another through the bullet ridden walls. Shooting was still an issue. A part from the visual side of it, it didn't do much otherwise, as trying to score 6's to hit was a thing.

 


Loot - We both scored this one at the end.

 


Alas I forgot to get a photo of the entire battlefield, but most of the action occured within this central chamber. We each had 3 intrigue cards as well. There is a lot of stuff happening in these games... Yep we were that close! I got the initiative & for my first action, the fellow on the left without the ready marker had just planted a bomb (one of the intrigue cards)

 


As Elliot activated his Captain for a group action, I hit him with a gang card which required him testing or going insane. His Captain then ran over to smoke one of his other characters. Meanwhile his Grenadier was launching explosives which were taking everyone down, but with an abundance of rolling 1's, left most figures prone, but little else. Elliot scored the first Critter VP.

 


Things continued, with his Captain breaking & running. He brought in one of his gangers to shoot point blank at my Juve. Again, the dice were not good -  a voice in my head kept saying "There Can Only be 1's". We each had a couple of guys out of ammo.

 


Elliot scored on the Critters again, leaving him 1 point from the win. The critter then got moved by me to a safe space where I scored a point. However Elliot also got to move the marker for the end & with him being the only figure near it, scored the final VP for the win.

Still need to update my gang from the after effects -  injuries, xp, etc. A couple takeaways from this first game. Elliot's gang has huge armor saves with his armor & shield. I was able to take out his Captain & 2 Champs by using my Wyrd powers & Web weapons. Having his Captain go insane in round 1 was a big help too.

Great game & it was a lot of fun. Now its time for Turkey!


No comments:

Post a Comment