Sunday, January 30, 2022

Chain of Command - BEF Drinks Cabinet

Striking the 2nd last item off of support list 1. Today I bring you the Drinks Cabinet!

 


Now as much as there is no actual requirement to 'have' a physical drinks cabinet, like some others...I wanted to paint one up, even if its sitting at the side of the table until used (though when used, will definately be placed for a photo-op)

One other reader provided me with some info on the one he did, but I had all of these Mantic Terrain Crates sitting there....surely something inside of one of those would work.

Then I noticed the Tavern Set.....

 


Yep, there are 3 of these cabinets in the set, so I snagged one.

 


Here it is for size comparison beside a thirsty lad.

 


Now as these were ment to be placed against a wall, the back of it had no pattern. 

 


So I cut some cardboard strips & made some wood planking for it. (yes the white glue is still drying at this point)

 

And here we have the finished piece.

 


Tha back of it looks much better now!

 


And again for scale..."Ere now Sgt! Your not in shock yet!"

 


Looking at the list, this just leaves me the car to do. I've been waiting on a shipment from First Corps, but it has yet to arrive, so I found a Citroen on Thingeverse I am currently trying to print. (Murphy's Law dictates that although my print will end later today, the actual parcel will arrive tomorrow too!)

Thanks for visiting! 

6 comments:

  1. O that’s very cool. The planking on the rear was a great touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondeful scenic piece and the addition of the extrs planks to the bck gives it an all round good look.
    Still a bit disappointed it wasn't a 1:1 scale 'model' though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I must admit, even my 1:1 scale version isn't as well stocked!

      Delete