Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Chain of Command - BEF Engineer Demolition Team

I've just finished the next off my Support 1 list. The Engineer Demolition Team.

 


Again these were sourced from the British Engineer blister & built from the Warlord Plastic British sprues.

The leftmost figure is from the Engineer blister & is metal. He holds a detonation box & is preparing to push the plunger.

 


The middle figure is plastic & I set him up with some leftover greenstuff shaped into some explosive charges. I then used some fine guage wire to represent the det cord.

 


The last figure turned out to be my favorite scratchbuild of them all.  The large satchel (obviously containing explosives) was scrounged from my many 1/35 scale backpacks & such. I added some greenstuff to the backside to make it full. The Spool of wire was made from the sprocket of a 1/72nd scale model kit that is laying around in pieces. I trimmed off the sprocket pegs, then wrapped some more of the fine guage wire around it, & also formed a handle from the same. 

This leaves me with 2 more items from Support list 1. I've just found a drinks cabinet model from one of my terrain crate boxes, which I will be showing as my next build. The Car I am still awaiting on from a First Corps order. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow Terry! I honestly never would have thought the middle and right troopers were plastic kitbashes... Very impressive work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, as mentioned above I was very happy with the fella lugging the spool & satchel. His hunched posture reminds me very much of how I looked when lugging 2 jerry cans during my military years.

      Delete
  2. Yeah mate, you were 100% right, I like all these the best of the entire group ​😀
    Brilliant figures Terry, again, lots of great narrative in each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, of the 3 teams, I figure this is the one most likely to be taken, as they will be busy blowing culverts & bridges to slow the boche!

      Delete
  3. Great collection of engineers and mainly obvious as to what they are. The conversions are superb too, a little imaginative use of bits and 'putty' makes these guys really unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I will really have to start a bits box for 28mm spare arms, etc. To be fair, I doubt anyone would notice a German soldier arm on a british soldier body, so it bay allow for even more options.

      Delete